According to the State Statistics Committee cement imports to Uzbekistan increased to 1.7 million tons in January-July 2021, which is 674 thousand tons more than in the same period in 2020. The total cost of imported cement was US $ 85 million.
Main exporting countries of cement to Uzbekistan during this period were:
- Kazakhstan – 818,8 thousand tons;
- Kyrgyzstan – 437,1 thousand tons;
- Tajikistan – 391,5 thousand tons;
- Iran – 44,8 thousand tons;
- Turkmenistan – 16,4 thousand tons.Earlier, a zero rate of customs duties was established on the import of cement into Uzbekistan from April 1, 2021, which previously amounted to 30%. At the same time, the volume of construction and the number of construction companies have significantly increased in the republic.